Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cal Academy

This is inside the living rainforest.

On Thursday Tak and I went to the California Academy of Sciences and it was the BOMB!

Rainforest fish (if you look closely, you'll see people below the water)

This screen disguises the elevators.

A lady offered to take this picture for us (like I didn't want to do a self-portrait ... but her version did turn out to be better).

The beginning of the aquarium BELOW the rainforest!

Looking up through the rainforest

This big guy came to say hello to us.

The aquarium goes on and on and just gets better and better.

Jellyfish!

Claude, the albino alligator!

He lives in this "real Southern swamp"
[this is what I imagine Jenny's home to be like].

The living roof by night

roof/rainforest top

Luckily, I managed to take a few self portraits after all.

4 comments:

Bunkyblog said...

Wow, what an impressive place! It brings to mind Sea Life Hannover, where M und M took me a couple of weeks ago: http://www.hannover.de/herrenhausen_en/sealife/index.html

Ms. Jenny said...

that place looks soooooo awesome!! i want to go there. i do love being under fish. and that rooftoop looks quite magical! i like claude. he's a big'un. and florida does look like the swamp (sometimes)

g'man said...

Very cool. That looks like a pileated woodpecker on the cypress tree.

MacKenzie said...

Take me there sometime.