Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jackie Robinson Day


April 15 is Jackie Robinson day! We discovered this at tonight's A's game. On Jackie Robinson day all players, coaches, etc. wear the number 42 in honor of Jackie. How exciting.

Tonight's game was not onlyJackie Robinson night, but also the free "sluggie" giveaway! Sweeeeeeet. I forgot to bring my camera to the game, but we had a little sluggie photo sesh afterwards ...

(semi-) serious sluggie face

happy sluggie face

funny sluggie face

3 comments:

Lucille said...

Rachel,
I see;
I enjoy;
I comment!

Love to see what you're enjoying!

Ms. Jenny said...

forgive me, but did jackie play for the san fran team? (which seems to be the A's?) sports are hard for me to understand. but i have heard of this robinson fella.
p.s. i hope you guys all wear your "sluggies" when loungin'... that is funny to imagine. just another day, wearing matchin' sluggies...

Bunkyblog said...

But where is the MN Twins logo? Have you converted?

Jenny--Jackie Robinson played for the Brooklyn Dodgers when he broke the color line in professional baseball.