Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dr. Brother's funny hat

Brother's a doctor! And he has a diploma (and funny hat) to prove it.

We all traveled out to New Hampshire/Vermont for Brother's big walk across the stage. Despite the rainy weekend, fun times were had by all. It was good to be back in the Upper Valley, where Brother and Katie lived for so long.

I spilled coffee on my dress on our way to the ceremony. It was sad.

DMS stage (the ceremony was under a giant tent in the parking lot outside the school)
Brother got a blue hood (which should have been hanging on that empty peg). Tres chic.

We got there early for prime seats and pre-graduation party times.

They had this cute little live band playing pomp and circumstance (actually they played this German song I once sang in children's chorus).

Here they come!

Look! Bagpipes!
Brother always gets pipers at his graduations. He's so lucky.

There he is! (And on the right is his friend Kristin.)

Hooded!

The fam with Brother's adviser.

We all took turns trying on the floppy hat.



It's official.

Yayyyyyyyy, Brother!

This is the oldest library in Vermont. It made me think of Jenny.

"You are special today"

After the graduation festivities, I bussed back down to Boston and met up with Tak and his friends for drinks and dining. Double whammy!

1 comment:

Lucille said...

I've been thinking of all of you these days. Thanks for sharing the pictures and happy times!