
Alena came over on Saturday for a day! of! fun! We made terrariums.

See how much fun we're having de-dusting the charcoal? (The dust clings to the sides of the container.)

Terrariums, Step 1: add a layer of rocks to your [clean, dry] container.
Terrariums, Step 2: add a layer of activated charcoal to cover the rocks.

Here is Tak's artsy charcoal photo.


Terrariums, Step 3: add a layer of sphagnum moss (soaked, then squeezed dry)


Terrariums, Step 4: add the soil layer (half potting mix, half sand)
Terrariums, Step 5: add plants!

Trying to document the terrarium ...

We haven't really figured out how to properly care for a terrarium or when to open/close the container. But we're going with the flow.

I made this baby terrarium to put on my desk at work. I love it.


Proud terrarium maker

We made so many!

This is Alena's baby terrarium for her desk at work.

This is not actually a terrarium (I don't think? It doesn't have all the layers, anyway.). I was drawn to these succulents when we went to the plant store, so I also made this bowl of succulents.

Alena's big terrarium

My first terrarium

Alena's first terrarium

My big terrarium

Tak's terrarium in a glass

My baby terrarium for work

Tak's baby terrarium
After the terrarium festivities, Andrew and Gabi came over and Tak made sukiyaki! YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM.

(Dinner was not as fully documented as the terrarium building, but it was equally fun.)
No comments:
Post a Comment