Tak and I have some big news: we got engaged on Saturday! We are both overjoyed and wanted to share our happy news with you.
We
spent a lovely weekend in Napa, relaxing at the spa and enjoying a
fabulous dinner at Solage. This was Tak's (very extravagant) Christmas
present for me. So, you can imagine my surprise when we got back to our
room after dinner to find it decked out with candles and rose petals.
Once I saw it, I knew. Tak proposed (with his great grandmother's
beautiful aquamarine ring) and I said yes (of course!) and the rest was
history, as they say.
We have yet to settle on any wedding specifics, but we're
tentatively thinking Spring 2013 in the bay area. For now, we're just
enjoying this amazing feeling.
 |
| These cool cruisers came with our room! |
| | |
| We toured the resort. |
|
 |
| Our cute cabin. |
 |
| We got these precious, little water bottles (and took them home). |
|
|
 |
| And lounged in our bathrobes. (This one's for Jenny and Philip!) |
 |
| And enjoyed an absolutely incredible dinner (mood lighting, what can you do?). |
 |
| There was a halo around the full moon, which Google tells me (and I now know to be true) means good luck. |
 |
| The room, romantic style. |
 |
| The ring! |
 |
| So happy! |
 |
| Day 2: blissed out at the spa. |
 |
| The extremely, super, very, very happy couple. |
4 comments:
Awww!!! Nice job Tak. : > Rachel looks ecstatic!
This happy event couldn't have happened to two nicer, sweeter, kind, funny, smart, considerate, loving people. Oh, I know I left out a lot of other adjectives, but just know I have tears in my eyes because I'm so happy for you!
With much love,
Lucille
Bravo, Tak! (Good answer Rach.) We love you both. Fabulous couple with a wonderful future ahead.
Scott
congrats again! can't wait to see that bling and those smiles on saturday!
Post a Comment