Sunday, March 11, 2012

Update!

Here are some things that happened during my blogging hiatus:

Tak's grandmother visited from Japan and we all got together for Hidefumi's birthday!
Tak and I made this birthday apple tart.
Nate had a 20s themed birthday party!
So suave.
Four fine Mac alumnae
The ladies
And the gentlemen
Tak went to China! (For business, in business class!)
He didn't do much sight-seeing, but he did stay at a luxurious hotel where the butler served this in-room afternoon tea.

Tak thought I would like the light-up blue highways. He was right, as usual.
The hotel had this cute, little pond.

He did a little from-the-cab sight seeing (this was a temple near his hotel).
While Tak was gone, Alena came over for ladies night. She brought her special popcorn pan and made a perfect batch! Every kernel popped and none burned! AMAZING!

We celebrated SF beer week upon Tak's return.

Triple tasting at Pacific Coast. Mmm.

Then we hit up wine country with Robyn and Nate!

Kruging it up.

I got some sample-sized chocolates to go with the wine.

Mustard season!

We also played Name Droppers (created by Nate's dad!).

I made this colorful cake!
And Dan gave me this adorable set of hot chocolate and marshmallows!
Tak made a delicious dinner of polenta, asparagus, and tri-tip!
Party on the deck!

No comments: