Thursday, August 02, 2012

July happenings

Wedding Bells
We went to Cat & John's wedding at the beginning of the month. It was beautiful!
The newlyweds.
It was at Murietta's Well, lovely winery in Livermore.
Cat & John had a classy first dance. They must have taken lessons!
Exceedingly cute sock monkey cake topper.

Stars & Stripes
Tak and I hit up the second best 4th of July parade again this year. We planned to sit by Wienerschnitzel, but it closed! Bummer.
Taiko drum float.
Baton twirlers.
Fancy float.
Bull?
Obviously, I sported my pride shades.

In the Kitchen
I am making preserved lemons. I will let you know how they come out!
I also pickled some jalapenos. I think I could get into pickling (since I'm into pickles).
Mmm. Candied ginger.
+ homemade caramel sauce =
best ice cream social ever!

More Wedding
Tak and I set up our wedding registry and we got to use the fancy scan gun! It was just like being back at ACE. Only better.

Art Tour
At our last all-staff meeting, my colleagues and I got to go out an art tour of UCSF's Mission Bay campus. It was pretty awesome and included this piece by Jean Lowe. Only one of these paper mache pieces is based on an existing book. Can you spot it?
Roy McMakin's sculptural seating.
Lawrence Weiner's Brought to Light
Richard Serra's enormous work, Ballast, is made of two solid, continuous steal plates.
Miroslaw Balka's HEAL

every thing matters mosaic by Paul Kos

Untitled 2001 by Liz Larner

Negative Spaces by Mungo Thomson is an inverted image taken by the Hubble Telescope.
After the art tour, Betsy and Lily showered us with bubbles.

Peach Picking
Eric went peach picking again this year (sadly, we weren't able to tag along this time) and made his famous caprese salad, steaks, and ice cream.
(Steaks and ice cream not pictured.)
Pre-iced cream! MMM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, always glad to see you enjoying such a good life! Looks like more of your friends are getting married. But yours--well February is not far away!
Love,Lucille