Saturday, December 06, 2008

Almond Bark

They don't seem to have it in California. I feel like I'm crazy. I've checked 7 grocery stores (well, 6 and Target) and it's nowhere to be found. And when I ask the clerks they just look really confused and then direct me to holiday candy (where there is sometimes pre-made peppermint bark). How will I ever make almond bark pretzels and spread holiday cheer?

7 comments:

Christopher said...

Maybe you need to move away from the gross holiday snacks and into the delicious cheese based holiday snacks.

Just a thought. Also caramels are nice.

Anonymous said...

No, no! Almond bark is delicious. Not quite as delicious as cheese straws, but very delicious.

Christopher said...

really? i feel like I hardly know you.

Anonymous said...

What? It's like chocolate, only good.

Rachel said...

Brother, have you ever HAD almond bark? (while cheese straws are obv. #1) almond bark pretzels are the bomb! chocolaty? good. salty? good. pretzely? good. what's not to like? plus they're so cute and easy to make. what they lack in cheese they come close to making up for in the salty-sweet and easy prep.

Ms. Jenny said...

hahaha isn't moving funny? i know just what you mean -- it's like we're taking crazy pills

Amanda said...

other callum's mom here. we had this problem when we lived in boston. no one had any clue what we were talking about. we decided almond bark has gone extinct everywhere but the midwest.