Sunday, February 22, 2009

of late

So, it's been a while. And many exciting things have happened. Perhaps most notably, we've had quite a number of visitors. It has all been very exciting, but unfortunately has consumed my blogging time. So, without further ado I bring you the last few weeks (in photos).

A few weeks ago the roomies got all dressed up and went dancing! (Disco party time.)


And then for early-Valentine's day I made these precious almond bark pretzels!
Where did you find this almond bark, you ask? Saint Peter. Econo foods. I brought it back all the way from MN to introduce my co-workers to the wide world of midwestern cuisine. They loved it. (Obv.)


Mimosas at Rolling Dunes. Brunch!!
MacKenzie came to visit! For almost a whole week! And I took vaycay from work! It ruled!

Mac D found this palm tree to hide out in. Only in California ...

And we stopped by the chocolatery to pick up some Hooper's bloopers (discout oops truffles). Mmm.

On Valentine's day we participated in what I'm told is the world's largest flash-mob pillow fight.

It was fun for about 5 minutes/5 pillows-to-the-head. Then we ditched and headed down to Santa Cruz for a Prince (the artist)/Bubbles/Candles/Balloons themed V-day party.

We took this precious picture to celebrate our love.
We also had pretty fly outfits
(you'll just have to trust me) and sweet accessories (bubble gun, balloon animals, etc., etc.).

But we were back in the bay in time for burritos ...

... and my co-worker Andrew's birthday party!
We (Maya, Andrew, Rachel) are working the serious faces.

I brought my crew to help celebrate (one of our specialities).
L to R: MacKenzie, Alena, Maya, Lizzie, Rachel

We celebrated presidents' day by visiting the Full House house.

And by taking these precious photos.


And we rounded out MacKenzie's SF tour with a stop at the Mrs. Doubtfire house.
(FYI, I am watching Mrs. Doubtfire with Allie and Aaron RIGHT NOW. It's way more meaningful now.)

Then Alena got her nose pierced. I provided the moral support.

Tuesday's highlights: Claremont diner!

And Karaoke at the Mint!!
(Me with my backup singer/dancers)

OMG. Guess what MacKenzie did?? I'm not saying anything ... but those pidgeons made a new BFF from NY.

tourist party time

We saw these dogs in REAL LIFE. This is what my future pets will look like.

Fan Club at the G(olden) G(ate) B(ridge)

Celeb sighting!! This is one of the girls from America's Next Top Model. I ran up the escalator past her, then took this shot from the down escalator as Alena approached for a convo.

Mac D and I also went to Muir woods. I have a bunch of other pics, but this is probably all you need.

view from the top (of this hill by the Friedmans' house)


And then Allie came!!
And sewed me a beautiful blue skirt ...


... for our neighbors' Rubix colors party!
Lizzo and I rocked some hot duds.

Cousin-dress-up-party-time! We had some great options, but these were our final pics.

We were the best dressed people there (fo sho).


Cousin photo opp! (This is pre-Big Lebowski viewing up in Berkeley, and mid-White Russian celebration at my apt.)

And Allie is still here! She is sitting next to me right now (if you can believe that)!
I'm trying to convince her to move out here so we can be BFF-cousins in the bay.

7 comments:

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

so. i hear you're getting a dog.

sweet.

Anonymous said...

Say what?!!!

Michael said...

Maybe Lizzie can borrow some of those clothes for my wedding.

Rachel said...

for the record: i do not plan to ever get a dog.

but if i ever change my mind, my dog will be just like Eddie and i will dress it in funny outfits ALL THE TIME!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, "EDDDDIEEEE!"

Rachel said...

"you're my little gentleman."