Wine tastingOur friend (and fellow Mac grad) Jacob just started pouring at
Graeser Winery, so Alena, Andrew, Claire and I went up to Calisgtoga on Saturday to taste some fine wines. And boy were they tasty! I'm new to this whole process, so the team filled me in.
First, you examine the color of the wine.
Then you smell it.
Very seriously.
Then you drink it!
(I think there are some other steps, especially with the tasting part. But, you get the idea.)
Here's the crew: Andrew, Claire (who also went to Mac!), Rachel & Alena
Jacob and the vineyard.
Look at all those grapes!
After the tasting we went into town, where everything is very cute. This is the main street. They have bookstores, bike shops and a candy store! What more could you ask for?
I was very excited.
Plus we found this guy outside these old train cars (they're now enticing shops).
I especially admire his stache. And high-five ability.
Ooh, look at the fog over the hills. Pretty pretty, huh?
Then we rounded out the day with dinner at a fabulous (but not pictured) Puerto Rican restaurant in San Rafael.
No comments:
Post a Comment