Leana and Ameila came to visit for the 4th of July! And we went to the Alameda parade! While I swear that I will always be loyal to the St. Peter parade, I will say that this parade RULED.
the gals in our primo spot
pride time
it begins!
yeah!
these people were workin out on this semi. semis were popular in this parade.
this guy was seriously chillin
it's the Alameda fire department!
this lady for peace
Amelia tried to pet a member of the "Small Dogs of Alameda Society" (or something).
it didn't go very well
pride Elvis on a bike. yes.
cool ladies in their fly ride
these horses were dancing!
the sole member of The Black Cowboys of Oakland (seriously, he had a shirt)
band. awesome.
girl scout bike gang!!
unicycle dude
look how happy this pilot is in his little plane
Alena wants to be these ladies
dudes with guns
PRIDE bus
baton twirlers. not kidding.
belly dancers/stilts crew
sweet drum group
the boy scouts used this MJ mannequin in their float
I'm not totally sure what this was
small horses
awesome literacy float
maximum pride
close up
another interesting group
we took a standing break. with pride.
flag car
beautiful float
these guys were feeling it so, so seriously. And that's just about it.
7 comments:
Dang. Wish I was there. I want to join the Dionysian Club!
That was me.
- lizzo
I do see a lot of pride, but I don't see any candy. One is nice, but the other reflects true love of country.
More importantly, did you go to the wienerschnitzel? how many times?
tambien, no tractors? really?
AND the boyscout mannequin layout defines freaky deaky.
we missed you. most days are less fun without auntie rachel, but especially those that involve parades and fireworks.
Grandma says, "Very nice!"
She added, "Rachel, today I got to sleep in until 9 a.m. and I don't have to make my own bed!
that happy guy in the airplane looks like alena is holding him up. i thought it was a mini-plane, until i realized it was a real plane.
gainesville hates america. no parades, no fireworks. so i'm happy your blog reflects some pride
also, in unrelated news, i want taco johns. desperately. taco johns is very american. and i need some right now.
I like how you took a pic of everything. And I like that muppets video.
Post a Comment