Sunday, November 01, 2009

This is Halloween. Halloween. Halloween!

To celebrate Halloween we made a feast of fabulous fall foods! (This is actually a photo from dinner another night b/c I forgot to document our Halloween cooking extravaganza, but I wanted you to get the idea.) We (okay, mostly Tak and Robyn) made chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli raab (recipes from the Chez Panisse cookbook) and I made apple dumplings (crust from scratch!) for desert. I was highly impressed with our cooking. Everything was soooo delicious!

Then we all got dressed up!
Alena was the she wolf (with Romulus & Remus babies), Lizzie was Alice in Wonderland, Benjy was a badass cop, Robyn was a hippo ballerina, Tak was a samauri, and I was a mouse! This may be hard to believe, but most of the costumes were thrown together at the very last moment.

Alice & She-wolf

Then we drove down to Fremont to get our spook on at a haunted land, where they had these freaky lights & robot dino.

It was sort of pirate-themed & they staged these battles every few minutes. The ship also had giant blasts of flame, but I couldn't time my photo taking to document it.


There were six little haunted houses, each with a different theme. This was the CarnEVIL of Chaos!

Tak + me

The gang.

1 comment:

Ms. Jenny said...

I. LOVE. THESE. COSTUMES!

Lizzo + Alena = best costumes ever, best character duo... why WOULDN'T alice be chillin with the she-wolf?