Monday, October 25, 2010

My knight in shining armor

Crisis! So, it appeared last week that my external hard drive had finally bitten the dust. I know it's shocking, but I hadn't yet gotten around to transferring the thousands of photos saved to the hard drive (and deleted from my old laptop) to my new (a year+ ago) computer.

Panic! The hard drive wouldn't show up on my computer(s) or Tak's. It would only make this pathetic clicking sound. ALL of my photos from college & our year in Oakland had suddenly vanished.

Despair! Oh, woe was me. Unprepared to accept the loss of so many of my digitally immortalized memories, I decided to go wallow in the shower ... and when I sullenly returned, what did I find?

Hope! Tak had dismantled my hard drive and plugged it into his computer. With bated breath, we turned it on.

Victory! V-I-C-T-O-R-Y! It worked! And my gobzillion photos are now safely on both of our computers. Hooray, hooray!

1 comment:

Ms. Jenny said...

HOORAY!!!! tak, you are a technological hero!!!! thank god rachie didn't lose all those precious memories (many of which are my precious memories as well). perhaps this is just the inspiration i need to get around to transferring all MY external hard drive pics