Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Truckee weekend


Tak and I spent part one of our 4th of July (double!) weekend up in Truckee. We went up on Thursday, so we beat some of the crazy holiday-weekend traffic. The weather was beeeeeautiful and we did a nice bike ride from Squaw Valley to Lake Tahoe, along the Truckee river.

We found this bear and the Original Fire House next to the lake.


And then we had a lakeside picnic!


And I accomplished my goal of getting in the water (sort of).

After lunch we took a little stroll around the lake.

We also priced out speed boat rentals, but decided to save that fun for when we have more dollars and Dramamine.

The mountains still have lots of snow and some were even open for skiing! In July! Skiing in July! Can you believe it?

Later this summer I definitely want to inner-tube down the Truckee River. Some people were out tubing this weekend, but the water was low and they kept getting stuck on rocks. So I'm holding out.

We rounded out the weekend with a return trip to Fifty-Fifty Brewing Co.

The sampler is still delicious.

No comments: