Thursday, January 14, 2010

Monterey-rey


Last weekend, Tak and I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was INCREDIBLE. First we checked out the sea horse exhibit. They have pouches (like kangaroos). Did you know that?

Pretty underwater stuff ... oooh.

Shrimpy

Little, itty-bitty, tiny seahorses! How precious!

That is not a plant. It is a seahorse (well, next to a plant, I guess). WHOA.

Regal seahorse

BABY seahorses!

artsy fish reflection pic

are we as cute as the fishes?

This was about seahorse fetuses or something. They were moving and I thought for sure they were real. But I guess that does seem a bit unreasonable. Maybe.

Rachel eating Tuna
(for Alena)

fishy, fishy, fishy SCHOOL

Shark Tank
(no, not the reality show. a REAL fish tank.)

JELLIES!

oooh, aaahh

Doesn't this splattered Jelly look like an egg?

glowy jellies
Apparently, if they don't swim down, they're pulled up toward the surface of the water (or so the kid next to me kindly informed me).

Somehow these fish only swam one direction in this tank. It must have been a loop.

Overhead fish!

close-up

barnacle

Penguinos!
(when I say that, I hear Sada's voice)

Rachel in a penguin shell

Lunch at the museum. Nice view, eh?
It's funny we both leaned in b/c the waiter was really leaning back like there wasn't enough room on the screen. Now don't we look foolish?

Tak in a seashell


Woo! Let's go again!

3 comments:

Ms. Jenny said...

OMG. we are going there. for realz. that looks like the ultimate fishy party. i need that.

Bunkyblog said...

Fabuloso Fotos too! Thanks for sharing.

MacKenzie said...

I like the picture of you in the penguin egg.