Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sant Cruz


Last weekend Alena, Sam and I headed down to Santa Cruz for a whirlwind weekend.They both went to UCSC and lived in Santa Cruz for a while, so they know all the happs and all the cool kids.

First we visited Alena's friends who live on the edge of town and rent this place with like a gobzillion (to be precise) acres of land on which they keep their house, their gardens (above), their chickens (!), and their TWO trampolines! It was pretty rad. Plus they have this great view of the city/ocean.

But then it got dark.


So we moved the party back to town. Also, we put on some coats. Alena is rocking her new duds from the San Jose Savers thrift store. I'm wearing this kid's leather jacket. And looking tuff.


Day 2: the pier
(Or the boardwalk? I'm not totally sure what's what.)

Delicious diner on the water.


Sea Lions!
Ar Ar Ar!

There are also a gobzillion sea lions. They seem to chill a lot.

BABY sea lions!
(See that white one? It's a baby!)

Did you know that pelicans are enormous? They totes are.

Check this out!
He was friends with the tourisits.

Especially Sam.


And then we drove home.
The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. I like all the rare birds!