Lately we've been reviving our middle-school craft skillz. This revival has been aided by the reintroduction of Lisa Frank gear at Target and the unbelievable selection of funky/kitschy/crafty stuff at a newly discovered and super-fance Long's Drug store. (This Long's is seriously the bomb. I'm talking Don's Hobby bomb. Maybe even -- dare I say it --better.)
We decorated Obama. Middle-school-style.
(In case you can't tell, that's green glitter. All we need now is puffy paint.)
This is my pride and joy. It's one of those scratch-off pictures. You know, where it starts out all black and then you scratch off the top layer to reveal the beauty beneath -- often the beauty layer is rainbow, but this was sparkles. Oh!
And, no, I didn't actually draw that unicorn (I WISH!) - but I did scratch it off.
Baby tiger Lisa Frank puzzle.
These are currently in the dollar section at Target (unless they're already sold out).
I like this because it reminds me of the inside cover of Thriller. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you check it out. MJ + baby tiger = maximum preciousness.
This magical-looking light bulb was ONE DOLLAR! Can you believe that?!
It reminds us of that rose in the display case (is that what you call it?) that the Beast keeps hidden up in his tower.
But we don't hide ours.
We display it prominently in our living room.
This is my most recent art proyecto. I found this sticky, yellow (mylar-ish, but more rigid) plastic stuff at the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse (which is a pretty cool place & is just down the street). Anyway, I found this picture of birds on the internet, transfered it to my plastic, cut them out and stuck them to the window.
I think they turned out pretty well.
Next up: hair wraps!
4 comments:
rachel!
awesome crafts! i am working on two dioramas right now: 1) underwater cave and 2) moses parting the red sea, aka "let my peeps go" (for the classics side of the classics v. history peeps diorama contest). i'm envious of you lisa frank tokens, but especially of that light bulb.
<3 allison
It reminds me of the display case with the rose in Beauty and the Beast, too.
Will you comment on my blog? No one does.
Tres artistique....
Post a Comment