Tuesday, March 31, 2009

home again, home again

I went home last weekend (in celebration of Cesar Chavez day, on which Cal employees don't have to work). It was grand.

I started my weekend of fun by taking the red-eye into MSP, but the fun really started when Herta picked me up (at 6:30 am)! We dined at Mickey's and partied in the Classics office (with my fav professors and current students ... and some very impressive Peeps dioramas).
Then I was whisked away by Brother & Dad for continued fun in the MN river valley.
Enter Callum & Sada for F-U-N with their sleep deprived auntie.
Day 2 was both the official start of Cesar Chavez day, and my Mankato fiesta day, which I kicked off by getting my taxes done & dining with my Mkto peeps at Mazatlan. I enjoyed El Burro Chocho & the company of many friends. Let me name them: Mom, Lilly, Megan, Derreck, Nancy, Jamie, Jerry and Deb!
Then rest time, Dilly Bars, dinner with Mom & Kathy, and the Mankato East Planetarium!

Finally, I busted out the camera:

post-planetarium snacks with Megan, Derreck, Logan & Lilly

Daddy with sleepy Lilly

Day 3:

Sada learns to juggle (sort of)

"Where is Callum?"
... being careful behind grampa's chair

Sada love

This is the only photo I took of the three of us. Luckily, we all look extra nice.

In the Night Kitchen

Brother's special skill: reading upside-down! (also recitation by memory)

lunch! lunch! lunch!

St. Peter lunch party (Jan, photographer, not pictured)
Pictured: Dad, Lucille, Me, Brother, Callum, Sada, Katie, Dave

Day 4:

The Guthrie! (well, photo of the flour mill taken from the Guthrie.)
Mom and I went to see
A Raisin in the Sun just before I took off on Sunday.
It was great! (Although I have yet to see the Puff Daddy version for comparison.)


Mighty Mama & the Mighty Mississippi

Mother-daughter photo opp

We were going to re-take this, but then I got scolded for not obeying the no-photography rule. Phht.


Then I flew home (to my other home).

The End.

3 comments:

MacKenzie said...

You didn't go to WOW Zone?!?!

Also, when you said you dined with Nancy at Mazatlan I was thinking it was Nance and I was all "wha?"

Ms. Jenny said...

OMG. i have so many comments, i don't know where to start. i'll just say: 1. i'm so glad your family is producing a girl juggler. they are so rare, and the cute ones are extra popular. 2. i am very jealous you got to hang out with so many babies and eat dilly bars. 3. that mighty mom/mississippi pic is great. i think it sums up MN. 4. you are kinda funny. i'd probably watch a movie about you

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you again, Rach. I have had the best times following your blog! You are quite the photographer. Loved the pictures of you and your Mom.
Take care,
Nancy and Doodles